Thursday, July 24, 2014

(Dumb) Questions Answered

I don't really know why I thought I could avoid the dumb, trollish comments and questions I've been getting since I've started promoting my blog, but I guess I did. Anyway, here are a couple I'll answer publicly so maybe I won't have to again...? Just kidding. That also seems unrealistic.

Why would a sociopath blog?
I don't know why this is the most asked question, because it's really strange. Why wouldn't a socio/psycho blog? I have a brain and fingers. Am I exempt from blogging? Why do bipolar people blog? Or religious fanatics? Just because I'm different doesn't mean I can't blog.

Why do you care about people knowing you're a sociopath?
Well... I don't. I never said I did. I said I'm blogging in order to “ finally expose that self, even through this shadow of online anonymity. It's not about guilt or confusion of identity, but rather just a need to express who I am with limited repercussions or consequence. And maybe in the process I'll learn a bit more about myself than I already do.”
So... I don't understand the question here.

Sociopaths can't/don't have emotions/a consciences!
This one is just a statement I've been getting from a handful of people. An ignorant one. I'd like to tell them to read more objective (keyword there) works on the subjects of sociopathy, psychopathy, and antisocial personality disorder, but I know they won't. Ignorant people like to remain that way. If you do care about having an answer, it is this.

We do have emotions and we do have consciences. They're just different than yours.

I do welcome questions, but I won't respond to anything extremely ignorant or anything clearly combative or antagonistic. I have all the time in the world to, I just don't care to. Argue with someone else online.

3 comments:

  1. I too am a self diagnosed sociopath. I once wrote a blog but I gave it up. These comments get worse when you respond. A rash on your blog so to speak. I'm happy to point you in the direction of other sociopaths like yourself. I am also happy to communicate with you. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply. And I agree, while I've had these ignorant messages come in, I haven't bothered to respond since doing so would clearly lead nowhere with them.

      Delete
  2. Please give some of these more objective sources about socio/psychopathy. I have read a lot about it and I believe the study is still in the early stages when overstatements leading to mass ignorance proliferate.

    Also, what do you mean your consciences are different from ours? I wonder if you are simply redefining the word "conscience". Having said that, my biggest question about the standard line on sociopathy is the certainty that ALL sociopaths have NO consciences. Of course, the medical field can make that the definition if they want, but then what do we do with those who score high enough on "the psychopath test" to qualify, but who do have at least teeny tiny consciences?

    ReplyDelete