Wednesday, July 30, 2014

This Weekend's Socio Slip

It's what I call it when I have a day or a couple of days where it seems like everything I do reflects my sociopathic nature. I mean, I'm never NOT a sociopath, but I do try and steer myself out of socio activities. Not because I feel bad or feel guilt about them, but because I know it means I could wind up in trouble.

My work week ended with my patience worn thin and my internal beehive agitated. Before I left for the weekend, I took a risk at some quick revenge by licking the delivered food of a client we had. She'd been a bitch all night and when I saw the opportunity I took it. I was almost caught.
If I'd been caught, I would have easily been fired.
A couple seconds difference was all that separated me from clocking in Monday or standing in the unemployment line.

After that, I went a little too wild on the weekend. I don't know why, other than I know I was just feeling restless and needed some kind of excitement. At a coworker's birthday party, I wasted no time in getting... well, wasted. Luckily I had already double booked myself that night and had plans to meet up with my friends later.

Downtown, I drank more. I gave people who weren't my boyfriend flirtatious looks. I stole from the bar. I snuck into the gogo's changing room so I could see them fully nude, then dropped my drink on purpose when I was told to leave.

It isn't much. Nothing that others haven't done after having one too many. But for me and my personality, it's a murky path that often leads to far more risky and dangerous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment